Friday, March 8, 2024

SEASONS

IN EVERY SEASON, I AM ALIVE WITH THE LIFE OF GOD. If I were to come upon an apple tree in the middle of winter, I might think from the looks of its bare branches that this tree will never again bloom and bear fruit. Yet when I return to that same tree in the spring, the beauty and fragrance of its blossoms will fairly shout: “I am alive!” Just as the appearance of the apple tree changes with the season, so does my appearance change. Yet such appearances do not tell the truth about me. If I am going through a season that seems bare because of a challenge, I have hope because I know that God’s spirit within me is alive. And because God’s spirit within me, life, joy, and wisdom are ready to burst forth and declare, “Yes, I am alive with the life of God!” “The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” – Job 33:4

No comments:

Post a Comment